We’re excited to announce Chef Derek Melander has joined Montclair Farms. Chef Derek focuses on seasonal farm to table cooking, sourcing the freshest local and organic ingredients whenever possible. He creates dishes that are flavorful and delicious highlighting the best attributes of our local ingredients.
Just pre-order, and your meal will be waiting for you to pick up at Montclair Farms. Farm to Table meals are pre-cooked and ready to be warmed in your home.
- Sous vide Skuna Bay salmon filet ~ lemon zest, thyme & extra virgin olive oil
- Quinoa with organic shaved brussels sprouts (Milton, NY), charred cucumbers, sun dried tomatoes, Dijon vinaigrette
- Roasted organic baby broccolini with garlic & shallots
- Local chicken breast (Paterson, NJ) ~ mint, carrot top & pea shoot pesto
- Farro & couscous with fava beans, pea shoots, toasted pine nuts, mint, shallot white wine vinaigrette
- Roasted organic rainbow baby carrots (Norwich, NY) with garlic honey
- Grass fed beef filet with rosemary & thyme ~ wild & local mushroom jus
- Parmesan & herb roasted butterball potatoes (Norwich, NY)
- Wilted kale (Cutchogue, NY) “Caesar”, shaved parmesan, cracked peppercorn dressing
These are just sample menus, but we hope you’re as excited as we are. To sign up for these Farm to Table dinners, call us at (973) 337-5627.
Chef Derek’s Bio:
Chef Derek has 15 years experience working as a chef working in 3 star fine dining kitchens in New York City such as the Biltmore Room & the Russian Tea Room. He graduated from the restaurant management program at the University of Delaware, where he also studied culinary arts for a semester in Switzerland, and holds a culinary degree from the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. He is a passionate chef with local ties to the Montclair community where he lives with his wife and 2 children.